YORK RIVER STUDIES
The York River Study Committee identified several priorities for further study in 2017:
Fish Species and Habitat Study, to be conducted by the Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- See scope of work: York River Fisheries 2017 Survey
- YHS students study fish species in York River,York Weekly/Seacoast Online, May 9, 2017
Historic Resources Survey of the Upper York River, to be conducted by Northeast Archaeology Research Center, Inc. (NE ARC) and Groundroot Preservation Group, LLC. The project is funded with the National Park Service York River Study funds and grant funds awarded by the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation and the York Community Initiatives Fund of the Maine Community Foundation.
- See request for proposals (issued November 29, 2016) for project scope: York River Headwaters Historical Resources RFP
- Letter to survey area landowners: Landowner Letter and Map
- Presentation on planning for archaeological survey by Gemma Hudgell, NE ARC, at the April 10 Eliot Historical Society: Archaeological and Architectural History Survey for the York River Headwaters Presentation
- Contact information and details for archaeological survey: Project details handout Apr10 2017
PRIOR STUDIES & EXISTING INFORMATION
In 2016, the York River Study Committee compiled a bibliography of available data and reports that included information about York River watershed resources (see York River Watershed Report List, June 2016).
Links to select data and reports on various York River resources are included below. Information was compiled in preparation for and in follow-up to a series of topic-based meetings held by the ORV Subcommittee in 2017.
- Salt Marsh & Sea Level Rise / Marsh Migration Data and Reports: Resource Information and Links – ORV Saltmarsh Meeting Jan 31 2017
- Maine Department of Marine Resources water quality data and shoreline survey findings: P90 Scores and Pollution Source Survey for York River
- Assessing the Intersection of Habitat and Infrastructure in the York River Watershed, story map by Jake Aman, Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve: http://arcg.is/2oh8X9y
- Maine Stream Habitat Viewer: http://maine.gov/dacf/mcp/environment/streamviewer/index.htm
- Compilation of information on York River commercial and recreational use: Working Waterfront Data Compilation – Summary